Duration: 1 day (8 hours)
Improve your team’s organizational effectiveness by creating a successful project management culture.
Repeatable processes and practices are vital to achieving organizational efficiency. Through this essential course, you will learn several strategic project management practices to improve your organization’s project success rate, including: project selection & prioritization, establishing effective project objectives, solid schedule and cost control, proactive risk management, enterprise resource management, portfolio management, project tracking and recovery, and dashboard reporting.
Along with reducing costs and greatly improving the quality of your projects, enhanced project management offers many benefits that include: improved customer experience and service, increased collaboration, greater organizational effectiveness, more organizational knowledge sharing and learning, and the strategic know-how and critical ability to make good decisions quickly.
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Identify and collaborate with project stakeholders.
- Describe the systematic approach to project management.
- Identify the characteristics of managing projects from a strategic perspective.
- Explain the various roles and responsibilities of project managers and stakeholders.
- Manage stakeholder expectations and interests.
- Develop a project charter.
- Direct project planning processes.
- Recognize and plan for project risk.
- Lead project activities and resources.
- Restate project management terminology.
- Recognize project management tools and techniques
- Develop a professional development program for project managers.
- Explain the stages of organizational project management maturity.
- Establish the minimum tracking required to successfully manage and report projects accurately.
Who Should Attend
Executives and senior managers in project-oriented environments.
Flipped Course Delivery Option
All of our courses are offered with an option for a flipped delivery method. A flipped class is a combination of classroom instruction and online learning. The difference is in the sequence. In a flipped class, you study the subject online first, at your own pace prior to class. Then we follow-up with a face-to-face workshop, where you practice applying your learning. You arrive having already gone through all the material, which allows us to focus the workshop more on practicality, with hands-on exercises and active discussions. With this approach, you own your learning experience. You have control. You get to control when you learn, how quickly you learn, what sequence you follow, and how deeply you go into the content. During the face-to-face workshop, the instructor will be more like a coach, guiding activities, and facilitating group discussions. Because they’re not using the class time to present content, it gives more time to apply the concepts for deeper learning. If your organization chooses this delivery method, the attendees will get access to the online course material approximately 1-2 weeks prior to the workshop.
For an example of our online course material, please see our Sample course.